|For this week's Monday Listicles at The Good Life we are listing 10 foods. Any foods. It just so happens that I keep a food album because I'm a serial eater -- you know, I like to revisit my meals. I'm sharing the 10 favorites from my album, all from Chicago restaurants.|
10 Foods From Local Restaurants
- Welsh Rarebit, Red Lion Lincoln Square
A Brit friend calls this Cheese on Toast
- Turon, Merla's Kitchen
Turon is a Filipino dessert made of banana wrapped
in egg roll wrapper with caramelized sugar.
- Chicken Pot Pie, Cafe Selmarie
With puff pastry instead of the traditional pie crust on top!
- Chilaquiles & Eggs, Bakin' & Eggs
These chilaquiles were new to me. I usually see it with red sqauce.
Bakin' & Eggs uses tomatillo salsa, which accounts for the green color.
- Deviled Eggs, DMK Burger Bar
Because who doesn't love deviled eggs?
- Fried Ice Cream, Los Nopales
Yep. Fried ice cream is a thing. And it's oh, so good.
- French Silk Pie, First Slice Cafe, Andersonville location
The seasonal pumpkin cheesecake pie with chocolate
graham cracker crust is also to die for.
- Thai Iced Coffee, Opart Thai Restaurant, Western Ave. location
Thai iced coffee is a must when having Thai food!
- Lady Marmalade French Toast, Marmalade
I'm not a huge fan of french toast, but this is sooooo good.
And it's not as super sweet as it looks.
- Funghi E Salsiccia Pizza, Spacca Napoli
That's just a fancythe Italian way of saying
mushroom and sausage pizza.