- I have been trying to passively sell my guitar. A friend was curious, so he asked me to text him a picture. He hasn't texted me back.
Please buy me!
- The Old Folks on the left; the Boys on the right. They are resting on
armchairsa pair of expensive scratching posts.
L to R: the Prince, the Princess, Feral Cat, Thugdoll
- My laugable attempt at a sock bun. Things I learned: brush out the curls so the bun doesn't look like an old cushion with the coils springing out; use a solid-color sock so the design doesn't show through; use pantyhose instead; grow my hair longer.
This could be one of the mattresses
people toss next to the dumpsters in the alley.
- Last week my husband and I decided to check out the new grilled cheese place that opened nearby. Grilled cheese sandwiches are actually something I can make, so I suggested we order ingredients that we wouldn't have on hand at home, at least not for a grilled cheese.
Mushroom and fontina on sourdough
with cream of tomato bisque. Yum!
- On Thanksgiving morning we went for a walk and from outside, saw the Boys enjoying the sun. Of course I had to take a picture.
Feral Cat and Thugdoll
- On that same walk we stopped at a footbridge that crosses a small branch of the Chicago River in our neighborhood.
Branch of the Chicago River
- Now that we live in a roomier dwelling, we can actually put up a tree! We didn't last year, but this year I was insistent, never mind the cats. I would have preferred a live tree, but they love plants too much. Also, the Prince has been known to eat broom straws, and I've already seen him munching on the tree's needles. They aren't even real! Meanwhile, Feral Cat thinks it's a new scratching post. We haven't even put up the ornaments. I'm wondering if we should bother.
Thugdoll claims his territory.
- The newest addition to our Lego Winter Village collection, which is part of our holiday decorations.
Lego Winter Cottage
- I was surprised this picture came out halfway decent because it's really hard to photograph jewelry. This is a necklace I made recently:
Porcelain beads in honey and aqua;
vintage bronze wire.
Feral Cat photobombs a picture of the Prince.